Thursday, September 9, 2010

An Apple a Week: An Introduction to my Blog

     My name is Jaime and I am a graduate student at Quinnipiac University, studying Public Relations. I am currently taking a PR Research Methods class and have been assigned to write a weekly blog on a topic of my choice.
     I have chosen to blog about Apple Inc. because I am fascinated by the strong loyalty that its users have for the company and its products. Apple has a cult following and sales steadily increase with each newly released gadget. It seems as if Apple can do no wrong in the eyes of its consumers, despite damaging reviews and news media. I am interested in how Apple's public relations team create and maintain this positive reputation, address potential issues and handle negative feedback and press.
     I hope to address and answer the following questions in my blog, using various research methods. How does Apple's PR team manage and maintain their positive image? What PR methods do they use? Are these methods ethical? What can they do better? How do they respond to crisis?  What are their crisis communication methods? Why are their users so loyal? How can we generalize their users to better study them?
     I will often cite the following link to Apple's press release library to provide case studies and example of Apple's PR techniques. http://www.apple.com/pr/library/

No comments:

Post a Comment